7/27/09

Sunday Baking - Chocolate Cake

This Sunday I wanted to try a chocolate cake from a box with coffee; to give a deeper taste. I have been using box cake mix lately but adding a few different ingredients to make the taste better and almost like all homemade; it just saves a lot of time and you get almost the same. I wouldn’t do it if it was a special order, but just for us at home it’s really perfect. I still bake homemade cakes once in while but why not take advantage of the box mix and save time.

Anyway, the replacement and extra ingredients are:
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1/3 cup of real butter
  • 1 cup of 2 % milk
  • In this cake, I also used strong coffee (½ of the liquid ingredients)
  • Chocolate chips (optional)
  • Cocoa powder (1 tbsp)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
The cake came out delicious and I just used some butter cream icing I had from my last cake, plus added some Nutella to cover the sides and embellished with berries and whipped cream – DELICIOUS! I even added a chocolate design on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment