12/29/12

All things bananas !

Today I made an oatmeal banana muffin and oh so healthy! All things bananas because last week I baked a banana bread, plus I was trying to finish up some of my baking ingredients from 2012. Well, today I used up some left over bananas and the rest of the gluten free flour.

At first, I was going to bake a chocolate banana cake or cupcakes, but then I found a more healthy recipe and went for it. The oatmeal banana recipe was pretty easy and fast to make, plus the muffins smell oh so delicious !!

Find the original oatmeal banana muffin recipe here http://www.simplyrealmoms.com/posts/oatmeal-banana-muffins .

I replaced the wheat flour and regular flour by using 2 3/4 cups of Bobs Red Mill gluten free flour and the unsweetened apple sauce with sweetened cinnamon apple sauce. Also, I didn't have the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips so I used bitter-sweet chocolate. Finally, I added 2 tbs each of flaxseed and wheatgerm, the muffin recipe turned out just fine and deliciously moist !



No comments:

Post a Comment